Solemn Sonata
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You Gotta Do What You Gotta Do

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

hello peoples

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Droog

Droog

hello peoples Empty
PostSubject: hello peoples   hello peoples EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 11:45 pm

Hi. My name is Amy.
Droog in game. I am a Sadida that can leech but I gets so bored at rats...

My rl is really busy so I am off and on a lot.

I have 2 awesome kids and a sexy husband.
I am an artist. I make pottery and music and that's how I make a living.
I am about to start some college again. I do like chaos apparently...
I swear a lot...it's hopeless

I am from the USA, the west coast although I prefer the east coast. I am in Oregon, it's really green and rainy and right now it is really cold and windy and gray and cold and windy....and cold.

ciao.
Back to top Go down
cohs
Reservist
Reservist
cohs

hello peoples Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello peoples   hello peoples EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 3:00 am

may i listen to some of your music :D
and what colleges are you considering now?
Back to top Go down
d00mraider

d00mraider

hello peoples Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello peoples   hello peoples EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 11:55 am

holly crap im doing a drawing printing and pottery degree in college atm
epic
how exactly do u make money with ur work , i think id liek to learn off a few sucsesful artists in how to persue a career in this area Razz

what kind of music, pottery do u make?
Back to top Go down
Droog

Droog

hello peoples Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello peoples   hello peoples EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 1:26 am

I make high fire porcelain and we make money at it because we make standard pieces for the gift market. It's hard to do especially if you are an artist but it is what pays the bills.

You need to be able to cut yourself in half and be cool with using your talents to make money and if you get frustrated then you need to make sure you are also still creating one of a kind pieces to please yourself and to show your talents.

So, we throw an original piece and then make molds of it and make slip and cast them. We wholesale to galleries and sell at our local Saturday market. We only use 12 colors and it's a pretty smooth business. I mean we can make a living, not a rockstar living but we have all we need and can still take off to play shows out of town and not have 'real' jobs. Although the porcelain is a real job, it's a lot of work but it's fun work.

Here is our pottery website hellomoonstudios.com
Some music:
myspace.com/missredflowers (guitar/vocals) my first band, was just me and a drummer.
myspace.com/spinjupiterspin (guitar/vocals) my second band...how I met my husband XD
myspace.com/sundownmachine (bass/vocals) latest thing
Back to top Go down
d00mraider

d00mraider

hello peoples Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello peoples   hello peoples EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 4:08 am

nice , so ur commercial workers?, also is ir ur busines or do u work for some old dude..
also have u done raku, or saga firings?
Back to top Go down
Droog

Droog

hello peoples Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello peoples   hello peoples EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 4:15 pm

yeah, commercial in a sort of really relaxed way. It's our business but I inherited it from an old dude I worked for, for many years. He taught me this whole way of things. He made art students cry when they'd visit the studio. He was a bastard. But, he really knew what he was doing, he started as an artist on the coast and then sort of kicked off the whole gift market movement here. I think in the late 70's. Pissed off a lot of his fellow potters. Who can be really crabby people, hehe. At least the old wave, the newer potters are pretty rad...but I swear the old guys are all crazy here, they are all suspicious and paranoid of one another.

We have done a little Raku for fun and really want to do more. Especially my husband he loves it.

I wanted to start making urns, many people have used our larger pots for urns already and I have seen the terrible ones in the funeral parlors, they suck. All the porcelain ones are such awful crap. There are some pretty lovely ones online lately though and there is a site called funeria.com that encourages art in death. Not to be morbid but I think it's cool.

I am excited for you. I think you are taking some awesome classes and are just going to have a really fun life with it all. I mean, making your own way as an artist, being an artist for a living, is the best thing ever I think.
Back to top Go down
d00mraider

d00mraider

hello peoples Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello peoples   hello peoples EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 11:21 am

YEA !!,
sounds wicked, i love old suspicious peopel hahahah sounds hectic, nice iinheritance though.
yea i like raku to. u didnt say if ud done any saga?
hav eu doen blakc firings? i wanna do that , its like sex pottery lolol so good looking, i can never be botherd to polish off all the crap for faku though >< but u can make some hax looking stuffs form it while cooking marshmellows lol XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

hello peoples Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello peoples   hello peoples Empty

Back to top Go down

hello peoples
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Solemn Sonata :: Guild Interaction :: Introductions-
Jump to: